Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Sad Day

K-Pooh brought to my attention that Estelle Getty who played Sophia on "G@lden Girls" passed away.

My heart is sad.

I loved watching that show on Saturday nights with my mom. G@lden Girls came on the same year my grandma died and Sophia was a lot like her. Of course my grandma wasn't Sicilian but she loved to tell stories about growing up on a farm and being the only girl in a family full of boys. During that half hour I could pretend that I still had my grandma. Now I feel like I lost another grandma.

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true you're a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

2 comments:

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I'm equally saddened by this. I loved Estelle! She rocked the show. My husband is a huge fan as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry! I was doing just FINE until now ;-)
K-Pooh