Thursday, November 15, 2012

PTSD

Hey, So my wallet was stolen two weeks ago. I was in a doctor's office with a foster child who was 6 years old. He was golden but we were in a walk in clinic and we got there at 8:45 and we left at 12:15 so golden or not he was six and he was bored yeah picture it. Anyhoo I had two packets of paperwork to fill out for him, I was trying to keep him entertained and I was on the phone with my supervisor, the DHS worker and another State worker and to say that I was a bit distracted is an understatement. My purse was on the end table right next to me however I was not completely focused on it. I was using my new shiny purple Coach wallet and in addition to the usual things that live in a typical wallet I had my mom's last driver's license. What I miss the most? Seeing her smiling face whenever I open my wallet. I am not going to lie I miss my purple shiny Coach wallet but her picture? Yeah I really miss it and I want to beeyatch slap the ass who stole my mom's picture. Also I now have a very, very mild form of PTSD in regards to my purse and wallet. I am now super aware of who is around me and I find myself looking at people and trying to assess how likely they are to steal from me which is not a way to live. Also? I have a lovely Kate Spade wallet that the Cousin got for me and now I want to use it but if I lose that wallet AND my mom's picture I may actually beeyatch slap someone. In the grand scheme of life I know that this isn't life ending but it is life altering and I don't like being suspicious of everyone that I see. Me and my First World Issues.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.